It's been said before that learning a new language is akin to acquiring a whole new vision of life. I totally agree with that. And it's the main reason why I try to spread my native language among as many people as possible.
My name is Jordán Morales. Born in 1985, I was raised in southern Mexico and since I can remember I've been interested in words. Yes, words. I started reading at a very early age and before I was even able to write I would scribble letter-like hieroglyphics on a piece of paper and then proudly "read" them out loud.
I know. You can stop laughing now.
Later on my interest focused mainly on two subjects: Science and Languages. Both seemed to me like a very interesting puzzle to put together, not only for the challenge of it but also because you yourself become wiser and, oddly enough, humbler in the process.
Understandably, I was a bit torn about what to study in college. After learning English for a few years and achieving a basic level in French, I finally decided to get my Bachelor's in Industrial Chemistry. Nonetheless my passion for languages remained. At different points in my life I've also dived into Portuguese, Italian and Mandarin.
Now, I've been teaching Spanish for several years and it's been incredibly rewarding. It has afforded me the luxury of being my own boss and, more importantly, the opportunity of sharing the nuances and subtleties of this language with my students.
So if at any point you are interested in learning it, let me know. Hope to hear from you soon.
- As I mentioned before, I DON’T hold a college degree as a Spanish teacher.
- However, I DO have years of experience teaching people on every level, from beginners to proficient students. Whether you are starting to learn the basics or only in need of conversational practice, I'm your guy.
- I AM currently working towards getting my certificate in teaching Spanish as a second language.
- I DON'T wear a tie and a suit. But rest assured that my reliability, class preparation and teaching skills are second to none. No false modesty.
- In my lessons, YOU will do most of the talking. I use some extra materials (books and handouts) but developing your speaking fluency will always be the focus of it all.